I take pride in what I do. I'm a force multiplier to quality engineering teams. Simplicity is the greatest virtue.
Senior DevOps Engineer
Founding member and sole devops at startup that secured prestigious VC funding
- Managed Kubernetes in production
- Managed all operations: monitoring, alerting, logging, CI/CD, dev tools, infra-as-code…
Contracted at multiple startups to assist their Kubernetes adoption
- Set up Kubernetes clusters and CI/CD pipelines
- Managed CI/CD pipelines across multiple projects
- Contributed to project, infrastructure, and test code as needed
- Lead development of an orchestration system to set up Kubernetes clusters on our internal VMWare infrastructure
- Wrote GoLang automation to test stateful containers
- Helped customers debug and write examples / POCs to move their workloads into Kubernetes
- Wrote orchestration for ephemeral development environments and simple promotion through to production
- Wrote POC to remove manual work surrounding on-call credentials for engineering teams
- On-call rotation and sysadmin tasks as required
- Set up Kubernetes cluster and deployment procedures
- Worked with product teams to deploy onto the new environments
Quality Automation Engineer
- Owned Core Data Services quality and continuous integration pipeline
- Spearheaded Health Fidelity’s move to container-based environment and wrote the initial POCs
- Wrote integration tests and feature code as needed
Branch Deploy Infrastructure
Every pull request gets a complete environment automatically. Engineers can test their code safely in a fully isolated and reproducible manner. Each environment gets a copy of dev database, auotmated migrations, autoscaling, logging.
A cloud provider did not have a Terraform provider and we wanted one. I wrote an API client by reverse engineering their website and turned it into an idiomatic Terraform provider. It is in the process of being open sourced.
On-Demand Container Clusters on VMWare
We needed the ability to flexibly create Kubernetes & DC/OS clusters in an on-premise environment. I reimagined the process as a single easy-to-use tool and lead the development. It become better than I could have hoped and is under active development by a multi-person team.